What’s the ultimate goal storing your firearms in a gun safe?
Why should you invest your hard earned money in a large metal lockbox?
To figure this out, let’s first take a look at the definition of the word “safe”:
So a gun safe’s sole purpose is to keep your valuable firearms out of harm’s way.
To keep them safe from:
- the elements (fire, water)
- curious kids
While all gun safes have the same goal, not all firearms safes are created equal.
- There are safes designed for specific types of guns (handguns or rifles).
- Some safes are made for quick access, while other safes designed for fire or water protection.
- There are mobile safes and permanently bolted down gun safes.
- Wall mounted safes and hidden gun safes.
- There are single gun safes and gun safes designed for an entire arsenal firearms.
So finding the “right” gun safe that serves you well depends on your own individual needs.
With that said, today we are going to cover 10 different types of gun safes. Discussing each safes specific characteristics and provide an example gun safe within each 10 categories that we recommend. [Read more…]