It would be impossible to list all the reasons why you might want to build a DIY generator.
- Maybe you’re preparing for a long-term emergency and want to generate your own power if the grid gets wiped out.
- Maybe you’re living in a cabin in the wilderness, sustained by the land, supported by Mother Nature.
- Perhaps you dream of off-grid independence and self-reliance.
- Maybe you’d like to knock a few dollars off your electric bill or even get rid of it completely.
- Or maybe you want to do it for the pure joy of making functional science.
Regardless your reason, the goal is always the same; to produce and consume your own electricity.