The Best Knife Sharpeners To Pair With Your Survival Knife
“A dull knife is more dangerous than a sharp one.” – Ancient Proverb
That old saying is true on many levels:
- A dull knife is harder to control than a sharp one.
- A dull knife requires more force to cut with, and thus lends itself to slipping and cutting the user.
- If you cut yourself with a dull knife, the wound will take longer to heal.
- And of course, a dull knife is less effective as a sharp one in survival situations, when you need it most.
- Knives are one of the most useful survival tools.
Across the millennia, knives have proven their usefulness. It’s an invention both elegant and versatile in its simplicity. But keeping them sharp is extremely important for survival.
You should never allow them to slip into dullness and disrepair. [Read more…]